GOOD CENTS MINISTRY
Studies show that from time to time most people worry about money. Whether you have a lot or a little or somewhere in between you’ve likely had a sleepless night. This fall Mountaintop will begin offering classes on Sunday mornings to help you with common financial concerns. There will be classes for all ages and stages of life including strategies for funding college tuition, purchasing a home, and retirement.
The first class will help retirees avoid mistakes people make when applying for Social Security benefits.
First two-part series
Avoid the mistakes 90% of retirees make when applying for Social Security
This class will be taught by best selling author of "Maximizing Social Security" and host of a radio show on the subject, you will learn:
• How the new tax reform bill affects benefits
• Strategies to maximize benefit payments
• How benefits are calculated and how to increase them
• Strategies for married couples, divorced individuals and widows
• Best time to apply
Part One: Sunday, October 6, 9:15 – 10:30 am
Part Two: Sunday, October 13, 9:15 – 10:30 am
Mountaintop Community Church, Chambers Building, Room 240
Seating is limited to 15 to reserve a seat email [email protected] or call 205-536-7840
Upcoming classes will include the following topics:
• How to send children to college without going bankrupt
• Buying a home and qualifying for a mortgage
• Moving forward after divorce
• How to avoid running out of money in retirement
• What to do financially when you lose a spouse
Classes with be led by Mountaintop members who have professional designations and related career experience.